Thursday, January 6, 2011

Another nice day.....tomorrow is supposed to be a little cooler and windy!  Then winter returns for the weekend and all next week...still talking about snow,  after these nice days I wonder how we will survive...but I know we will.  

Hubby is making some cold frames, I have always thought I would like to try this but haven't until now. Using things already here makes this project almost free!  Still need to fill with dirt, better do that tomorrow before everything freezes.  It will be trial and error to see what will grow and if it stays warm enough?  It is located on the south side of a shed, so if the sun shines it should be a perfect location....we will see.

Thought I would share a recipe from the Hays House in Council Grove, Ks.   A historic restaurant that dates back to 1857.  A fun place to visit!

Crunchy Chicken Salad

5 cups cooked chicken pieces
1 cup celery, chopped
8 oz. water chestnuts, sliced
1 cup pineapple tidbits
1 cup seedless grapes, halved

Dressing:

1 cup Miracle Whip
1 cup real sour cream
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon seasoned salt

Serves 8

The last time I made this, it was for 80 ladies for a retreat lunch at church!  That is a lot of  chicken salad...... everyone seemed to enjoy it.   I think you will too!

Country Blessings......

No comments:

Post a Comment