Thursday, December 9, 2010

Starting a new blog

Hello Blogger....I had a blog over at Homestead Blogger for a long time, loved it there because most everyone was a homesteader or wished to be one, lots of great information came from there!  Things changed and I didn't keep up with the changes, I got involved with Facebook, and while I enjoy keeping up with old and new friends there....I missed blogging!  So here I am starting a new blog here, hope you will enjoy keeping up with our goings on here on our homestead!

We had a beautiful day here, another one coming tomorrow we are told....then the cold front hits over the weekend.  Not looking forward to that.   I spent some time getting another heated water tub set up this afternoon. Trying to make things as simple as possible this winter.  All the chickens are housed together now, only 2 pens of goats, and the other 4 legged critters are going to live together over the winter....I hope anyway!  Haven't moved the llamas in with the pony and calves yet, will do that tomorrow, it should work out fine.   Only big problem is that the ducks and geese make mud soup out of the water tubs so fast, very frustrating!

Lots to do tomorrow, we are cleaning out a shed to make one section of it available for the above mentioned 4 legged group.  Have done tons of cleaning and burning and hauling off this fall.  There is always more to do, but things are looking amazingly better!  Very thankful for that.  I hope we will have a few decent days over the winter that we can continue these projects before spring busy days hit.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you return to the blogging world -- I blogged for about a year when I was off work and loved it so much. Once I went back to work I found it difficult to keep up for two reasons really. One, obviously, was the time it takes. The other was that I like to blog about what's going on in my day to day life, and working for a non profit with strict confidentiality rules (not to mention HIPAA)really makes it difficult. So much of my life is what happens at work, and I can't talk about much of it. I started back up a while back, but just haven't been very dedicated to it.

    Anyway, I'll be checking in to see what's happening on the farm!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete