Thursday, December 30, 2010

Spring in December?

Today seemed so much like a spring day....I know it isn't true, but I can dream!  It was 70 degrees, can you  imagine at the end of December in Kansas!!  Bad news....it is changing....overnight, at least that is what the weather people tell us.  I knew it couldn't last, but sure did enjoy today. It was very windy, but I am not even complaining about that.

Yesterday a lady came and  bought 15 pullets, today a man got 3, Saturday I have worked out a trade of some chickens for a turkey and also trading some ducks.  Before Christmas nobody seemed to be interested in anything we had advertised, but all of a sudden now people are getting back into everyday needs.  Sure did notice a difference when I gathered eggs today though, about 1/2 as many, I hope I didn't sell all of my good layers!  We have 2 pups for sale yet, and have had several inquires on those too.  So glad to have a few less hungry critters around to feed over the winter!  Now having said that....I just got a message from a friend who has a friend looking for a home for 2 llamas, and of course I said we would take them....well at least llamas don't eat much!

Took some pictures of the pups today to send to an interested party.  This one turned out cute of the spotted pup with his dad, Rowdy.

Country Blessings......

No comments:

Post a Comment