Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cooold.....and Windy....

Well....the weather people were right.....the cold front arrived this morning!  And boy is winter here....a few snow flakes this afternoon, but mainly a cold, harsh, bitter, strong, mean, did I mention cold, wind!

In spite of that I had a great day.  Our little town had their Christmas events today.  This morning at our church there was a Christmas store for the children.  Local people donated a tremendous amount of nice items, the kids brought their shopping lists and volunteers helped them pick out gifts for their family members. Other volunteers wrapped gifts for them.  I helped serve coffee, hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls to the parents as they waited in a side room while their kids shopped.  All this for a donation to go to kids in our community that have needs this Christmas season, and a portion of it goes to our food pantry.  It was a huge success.

Then this afternoon my cousin and I enjoyed the local home tours.  It is a tradition for us to go together each year. I always look forward to this little day out.  Inbetween events I rushed home and did chores before it got any colder!

Hubby went to the winter farmers market and did pretty well there, he said it was a good thing I didn't go this month as it was freezing in the building today.  I am so cold all the time it would have been miserable to stand there in one spot for 3 hours!

I am worn out and have a busy day tomorrow...meeting early at church, program during service time, family dinner, then caroling party in the evening back at church....so I am heading to bed.

Country Blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment